This Week in Wijnjewoude

Sunday, 1 November 2015

Week 44

Getting stuck in to the firewood - already! Still reckon I'll have enough for the start of 2018....


Autumn colours..... and the leaves. of course!




Getting colder...

Every winter I have to turn the outside taps off  and disconnect the hoses. One year I forgot to take the tap (red handle) away and so I found it shattered (due to water inside it freezing) next time I went to use it.

Building Project

We have had to get the builders to revise their estimates due to our change in plans. We didn't know if the old concrete floor would have to be replaced - and now we do! So the plan is to pour the floor for old and new as one - with all the drains, pipes, heating, electricity, insulation. When that's done, they can put the new structure on and I'll go ahead as best I can with the old part. This will be much better than whatever else we had in mind at the beginning - hence the new estimates. Luckily we have a bit of time to play with.

Canal in Drachten - new Haven


We had lunch at the new restaurant as they were getting ready for the Grand Opening Ceremony in the afternoon (hence the tent in the background)




Boat Maintenance


Electric pump for the oil worked better than expected. 

Lawn Mower

The main drive belt was shredded - should get it back tomorrow - with an outside chance of doing one more mow before the official start of Leaf Raking Season.

Oh, and the small matter of turning 65!

We got to see Ben for the first time in a month. Didn't do the traditional Coffee and Cake thing with Janny's family... I suspect that I preferred to think that it wasn't really happening. We did however have a small celebration with a few of our clients and will do that again tomorrow with the few who missed it last week.
Thai food AND Mexican with Ben! and he drove us home!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment/feedback.